What is cookie perfection for you? Does it sound like: crispy on the outside, fabulously chewy on the inside? Maybe with a decadent amount of chocolate? I mean…let’s face it…cookies should be naughty. They should make you feel like you have sinned but it just feels so good that you don’t feel guilty about it. Well…these cookies will literally give you a first class ticket to Nirvana. In fact, the day I created them I danced around in pure happiness as I was so thrilled about this cookie perfection….I was in awe…on the other hand…it might just have been the sugar rush…who cares. 😉
Having baked and bought a huge amount of cookies in the last few years (thank you 2 pregnancies!!!), Mr B and I have come to the conclusion, that my ‘Chocolate Nirvana Cookies’ are pretty much at the top. Try them…you won’t regret it.
makes 14 cookies
- 200g dark chocolate 70% – chopped
- 60g butter
- 1 medium egg
- 150g golden caster sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 70g spelt flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 50g almonds – roughly chopped
- 50g dried cranberries – roughly chopped
50g white chocolate
- Heat the oven to 180C / 160C fan. Line two baking sheets with baking parchment.
- Place 100g of the chocolate and the butter in a heatproof bowl and set over a pan of barely simmering water, making sure the bottom of the bowl doesn’t touch the water. Mix occasionally until melted.
- In the meantime, add the egg and sugar in another bowl. Whisk with the electric whisker until light and fluffy.
- Add the vanilla extract, flour, baking powder and salt and mix.
- When the chocolate is melted, add the mixture to the bowl (egg sugar flour) and stir with a spatula.
- Add the rest of the chopped chocolate, almonds and cranberries, fold in until just combined.
- Take heaped tablespoons of dough and place on a baking sheet, keeping 7cm apart from each other. The dough will spread.
- Bake the cookies for 12 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool. They will be soft when you take them out. Don’t be tempted to leave them in for longer though. They will harden once cool.
- Microwave the white chocolate for 20 seconds at high temperature. Take the bowl out and give it a stir. Place the bowl back in the microwave and repeat the process of cooking for 20 seconds, stopping, stirring and returning to the microwave until the chocolate has melted.
- Drizzle the melted white chocolate over the cookies.
- When the chocolate has settled, store in an airtight container. They will keep for 5 days.
Tips / Variations
- Exchange the almonds with your favourite nuts.
- Exchange the cranberries with raisins.
Print Recipe here: Chocolate Nirvana Cookies
You may also like
Beetroot Rosemary Chips
Szechuan Spiced Nuts
For more Françoise La Prune, follow me on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Tumblr, Pinterest, Bloglovin’ or subscribe to receive the newest posts via email.
Pingback: 10 Min Carrot Mug Cake & Cream Cheese Topping
The cookies look totally addictive! 🙂
LikeLiked by 2 people
Oh you spotted that right! They are just perfect. Please do try them. They are easy to make. 😉
LikeLiked by 2 people