This is a Dream of a Cocktail which is beautiful to behold and heavenly on your palate. It will overwhelm your senses! Grapefruit, Rosemary, Cointreau and Tequila fuse gloriously in a harmonious drink that is both subtle and powerful. Its appearance has all the richness of a Renaissance Masterpiece. And all this in time for National Margarita Day on the 22nd of February! 😉
This Margarita is a bit smoother than your usual Margarita – I am using double the quantity of grapefruit juice rather than the more traditional lime juice – don’t worry, this doesn’t weaken its kick! 😉 The Rosemary Salt Rim is an absolute must – which I wouldn’t say about the other Margaritas on the Blog – besides lending a beautiful dash of colour, it also adds this extra subtle hint of rosemary which is simply divine. I highly advise you to make more of the Rosemary Salt as it is equally flavoursome when rubbed into meat, or sprinkled over fish or veggies. Use the leaves of one 4in / 10cm rosemary sprig per tablespoon of sea salt flakes.
More Margaritas Please!!!
Find additional Margarita Recipes on the blog. All with a fun twist!
Grapefruit Rosemary Margarita
This is a Dream of a Cocktail which is beautiful to behold and heavenly on your palate. It will overwhelm your senses! Let yourself be enchanted!!!
- 50ml Tequila Reposado
- 25ml Cointreau
- 50ml fresh pink grapefruit juice – (1/2 a grapefruit)
- 10ml rosemary syrup
- ice cubes
- 1 small rosemary sprig – for decoration
- 100ml water
- 100ml agave light syrup
- 2 rosemary sprigs
- 1tbsp sea salt flakes
- 1x 10cm/4in rosemary sprig – leaves only!
Rosemary Salt Rim:
- Syrup: pour the water and the agave syrup into a small saucepan. Heat until hot but not boiling. Remove from the heat and add the rosemary sprigs. Leave to infuse for at least 30min.
- Salt Rim: put the salt and the rosemary leaves into a pestle and mortar. Crush and pound down the mixture until you get a lovely fine green salt. That will take a couple of minutes.
- Add the salt to a plate. Moisten the rim of your glass with a bit of grapefruit juice (I do this by dipping the glass into the juice I’m using for the margarita or with a wedge of grapefruit). Evenly dip the rim into the rosemary salt.
- Cocktail: Pour the Tequila, Cointreau grapefruit juice and rosemary syrup with a handful of ice cubes into a shaker. Shake vigorously for 30sec until chilled.
- Strain into a glass. Decorate with a sprig of rosemary.